
"This is a serious violation of the mechanisms for receiving aid, and that Hamas continues to try to exploit the aid mechanism for terrorist activity and incitement," COGAT warned in a letter.
Motor oil was found inside humanitarian aid in a smuggling attempt uncovered in the Keren Shalom crossing, the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) announced on Wednesday.
The motor oil was found inside humanitarian aid transported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), with COGAT's chief, Major-General Yoram Halevi, ordering the suspension of all UNDP aid entering Gaza until a full investigation is completed and the organization presents its findings.
"COGAT emphasizes that this is a serious violation of the mechanisms for receiving aid, and that Hamas continues to try to exploit the aid mechanism for terrorist activity and incitement," said a letter sent to the UNDP by Halevi.
"Any such deviation will lead to immediate measures being taken against the organization responsible for the shipment, until the incident is fully investigated," Halevi warned.
IDF warns responsibility for contents of Gaza aid lies with organizations coordinating them
In the same statement, the IDF warned the organizations coordinating aid shipments to Gaza that the responsibility for the contents of the shipments lies with them. "Any case in which aid shipments are used for smuggling purposes will lead to immediate enforcement measures being taken," the military added.
"The IDF, in cooperation with all security agencies, will continue to take zero tolerance towards attempts to exploit the humanitarian aid mechanism, and will take strict measures against any party involved," the statement concluded.
IDF reopens Rafah crossing for pedestrians for first time since begining of Iran war
The announcement comes 10 days after the IDF authorized the opening of the Rafah crossing for pedestrians, which had been closed for the first two weeks of Operation Roaring Lion.
The decision followed a security assessment and a review of the conditions required to resume activity at the crossing while maintaining restrictions due to ongoing threats in the area.
Officials said the crossing would operate under the same mechanism used before its closure, subject to updated security directives. Entry and exit for Gaza residents will be coordinated with Egypt, require prior Israeli security approval, and take place under the supervision of the European Union mission.
LATEST POSTS
- 1
'People We Meet on Vacation' is the 1st of many Emily Henry adaptations: What other books turned movies to look forward to - 2
IDF continues counterterrorism operations in Gaza Strip, including destroying terror tunnels - 3
Experiences in Natural life Protection: Individual Progressives' Excursions - 4
Ocean side Objections: Staggering Waterfront Breaks - 5
Vote in favor of Your #1 4K television: Lucidity and Drenching Matter
How to identify animal tracks, burrows and other signs of wildlife in your neighborhood
JFK's granddaughter reveals terminal cancer diagnosis, criticizes cousin RFK Jr.
‘RichTok’ Influencer Becca Bloom Shows Off Custom Invitations and ‘Most Valued Possession’ from Her Viral 2025 Wedding
21 Incredibly Entertaining Contemplations To Observe Consistently
Famous Places to get-away for Americans
The best ice packs for coolers of 2026, tested and reviewed
Tatiana Schlossberg's diagnosis puts spotlight on leukemia: What to know
Wegmans recalls mixed nuts over salmonella contamination fears
Artemis II live updates: NASA's moon mission breaks Apollo record for farthest distance humans have traveled from Earth













